Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday 6th June 2010

Well hello there few readers of mine, I'm back for another week of roadtesting! last week has been my last full week as University of York student, and I have managed to road test lots of nice things for you!! here goes.

1) Watching?
This week I paid a pilgrimage, like all females all over the world, to see the wondrous Carrie Bradshaw (SJP), Samantha Jones (Kim Cattrell), Charlotte York (Kristin Davis) and Miranda Hobbs (Cynthia Nixon), in their new film 'Sex and the City 2!' It's a return for the girls who first starred in an epic telvision series which inspired single women all over the world and who filmed their first film in 2008. This second movie is based around marriage and moving on with life without losing its sparkle. The girls fly to the colourful and rich Abu Dhabi and has some hilarious comedic scenes, and emotinal turmoil. Samantha has a hilarious role this time as someone trying to fight the menapause. Carrie has been married to Big for two years and feels her marriage is losing its sparkle and drive, and meets a long lost boyfriend who nearly costs her the love of her life. Miranda quits her top power job as she is not respected and has no voice, and Charlotte struggles with the responsibility of two small children.
The film itself is very pleasing, it's quite cheesy, very romantic, the costumes are beautiful and the locations they filmed are spectacular. The only negative is that it seems slightly over the top at times but is a film for women all over the world who have a voice!
 As a die hard SATC fan, I have to give it 9/10! I am Woman!

2) Reading?
This week I have been reading The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. This book is set in Barcelona post the Spanish Civil War. It follows the lives of Daniel and his father, who own a book shop. When Daniel is very small his father takes him to the Cemetery of Forgotten Books, and asks Daniel to pick one book that calls out to him. He picks a book by a man called The Shadow of the Wind by Julian Carax. This is when the book gets truly interesting, the author Carax is missing and presume murdered and there are no other copied of Julian Carax’s novels. There is a strange man with a burnt face called Lain Coubert, named after one of the characters in Daniel’s book, this man starts following Daniel and demands every copy of every book Julian Carax has ever written. While this is happening the police in Spain start arresting people close to Daniel and there becomes rumours of intrigue, lust, murder and mystery.
It truly is an excellent read, but I haven’t finished it yet so I shant tell you the ending. I shall recommend it to you and it gets a wondrous thumbs up and receives a nice rounded 8/10

3) Wearing?
This week I have been wearing a fantastic birthday present I received for my twenty first birthday from my lovely friends at University. I always a charm bracelet and so five of them decided to get me one. It’s a Thomas Sabo bracelet, and on it I was given four charms, a lovely green emerald for my birth stone, a shiny four leaf clover for luck, A ‘G’ for my first name and a tiny Eiffel tower as I’ve always wanted to go to Paris. I also brought myself a tiny silver diamante cross to go on it aswell. It’s a really nice idea for someones birthday because now i can get charms for other important events in my life and it will always remind me of my friends at Uni who I am leaving soon. It also looks beautiful and Thomas Sabo has lots of different charms to add to bracelets, necklaces and even watches and rings. If you’re looking for a special present for someone this is a brilliant way of showing a little bit of sentimentality.

For that reason it gets a sparkly 10/10

4)Listening?
This week I have been listening to a really great band called ‘Yeasayer’ and their album ‘Odd Blood’. This band from Brooklyn have a unique sound, with a mix of pop, rock and electro with some eastern influences and brilliant vocals. The lyrics are very poetic and it’s a really cool album to just chill out with, dance to and drive with in the car. The band is made up of the vocalist/keyboardist Chris Keating, the vocalist/guitarist Anand Wilder, basist Ira Wolf Tuton and the drummer Luke Fasano. My favourite song has got to be the single they released O.N.E and the song Mondegreen. Really brilliant music.
They get a very jazzy 8/10

5) Eating
This week as my Cupboards were bare, my and the fella sent out for some delicious pizze cheesy goodness from Dominos. I love dominos I love the variety of flavours especially Texas BBQ and the Mighty Meaty. As it was Tuesday we also got two for one on medium or large pizzas. They were delicious, my mouth is watering just thinking about them, and that garlic and herb dip. However they did take an hour to arrive, which is very bad considering it was a Tuesday and I orded them a5:30.

So for that Dominos you get 7/10 you would have got a 9/10 but I don’t wait around for anyone.


6) Using?
This week as it became marginally sunny and summery it was time to get the pins out so I needed to be nice and tanned. As I am an all year gradual tanner, I wanted to have a bit extra this time and I started using Garnier Ambre Solaire No-Streaks Bronzer. This product is a gel, it smells lovely you don't get any bad after smell of biscuits like you do from other tan products, and the colour was lovely. However it it is a bit sticky it takes a while to dry and it did leave tell tale tide marks around my fingers and feet which is  no no. Therefore this product gets a sticky 6/10



7) Purchasing?

This is a new topic this week, which is there to look at what I’ve purchased recently. So as I’m finish university very very soon, I’m going to the Graduate Summer Ball. I needed a dress! I’ve been everywhere trying on dresses, looking online and looking at what I already have, but found nothing. So I rallied the troops (i.e. my mother, shopper extraordinaire) and headed up to Coast. Now I’d been in Coast before but had found nothing! Zero. Zilch. However this time lurking behind some of the other dresses was a very beautiful green little number. Which is perfect, and although was a £75 worth of perfect, I just had to have it! Now I’m not going to show you a picture of my dress until I’ve been to the ball so you’ll have to wait a few weeks. But Coast is a really nice shop for prom dresses, ball dresses and outfits for weddings and races, and it’s worth looking around and trying on lots of different ones first, so you can figure out what suits you.
Coast has a massive range and they get a glorious 8/10.

8) Doing?

Finally this week in a bid to look gorgeous for the summer, I’ve taken up the dreaded evil exercise. As I will never set foot in a gym and felt a bit embarrassed I’ve gone down the route of the home exercise video. I plumped (get it plump!) for ‘Davina Fit’ Featuring Davina ‘This is Davina’ McCall. It’s a really good DVD, she works with two other instructors and divides all the exercises into five key stages, so you can pick what you want to do. The first stage is Aerobics Fit, which is really fats paced and eek sweaty, the second is Top Fit which is loads of exercises designed to keep your upper body toned, then there is bottom fit, for your legs and bum and Kick Fit, which is loads of Kick Boxing moves designed to strengthen your core. As well as this there is a really good cool down with Yoga Stretch which helps elongate your muscles and relax you totally. I’m not saying its a miracle or that I’ve been converted to eugh sport, but it does make you feel good and see results. The negatives is that it can be a bit tiring, and I hate the bottom fit as it hurts like hell! And Davina and the banter gets slightly irritating.

All in all it gets a pleasing ( and because I’m in a good mood) 7/10- But I do recommend you stretch properly before and after the workout and invest in some weights to see the full effect.

So thats all this week, I’ve been very generous and I hope you enjoy reading this week and tuning in next week. Much Roadie Love XX


No comments:

Post a Comment