Friday, July 2, 2010

Sunday 27th June

Oh my gosh! I have to apologise at my extremely late blog this week! I don't know what happened I was just so busy leaving university, packing, sobbing and stressing about exam results that my lonely little blog got forgotten. So I will write last weeks and then continue for this week on Sunday!


Watching?
Last week I visited the local cinema complex and enjoyed watching 'Wild Target'! It's a new English film starring Emily Blunt, Rupert Everett, Bill Nighy, and Rupert Grint, directed by Jonathan Lynn and is apparently based on a French film called 'Cible Emouvante'. The story follows a serial con artist called Rose, who is amazingly brilliant, and very stylish and who basically takes whatever she wants and has done for years. Her mistake is to try and sell a fake painting to Rupert Everett's character, Ferguson a well known gangster. Ferguson hires a certain famous and well renowned assassin Victor Maynard, who is incredibly uptight and has a lonely existence. Howver when Maynard tries to kill Rose, he 'feels' something for her and spares her life. Rupert Grint who plays a hopeless teen Tony gets picked up along the way as they escape town and Ferguson's hapless buffoons following them. This film is in the same league as other British gems 'Love Actually' and 'Four Weddings', it's seriously funny, very charming, and extremely entertaining. Really worth a watch.
Wild Target steals a 9/10!

Reading?
Last week I settled under a nice tree in a sunny and beautiful York Museum Gardens and read myself a nice little Grazia magazine. I usually read Reveal or Closer, (as they are cheaper)  but I am so sick of reading boring gossip about plastic celebrities I craved a change. Grazia isn't like the other glossy magazines in that it isn't all about gossip it's about fashion, style and those happy shiny and seriously fashionable celebrities. I paticularly like Lauren Leverne's articles, that week's top ten fashion must haves, some real stories and the style pages. There are also some really beautiful photographs and it really was a nice hour spent in the company of this country's fashion elite.
Grazia receives a stylish 7/10...as it was a good read but some sections could be perceived as slightly poncey, and a lot of the clothing is for the very very rich.

Wearing?
Last week I spritzed myself to high heaven with Eau de Soap and Glory. The website www.soapandglory.com describes this perfume as a floral and oriental fragrance. It has top notes of Citrus, bergamot, mandarin, jasmine, and freesia but underneath has a sensuous musky vanilla and sandalwood fragrance. It is a beautiful perfume is really light and smells absolutely gorgeous, the bottle is very stylish too and has an old perfume bottle feel and is presented in a beautiful little box too. The only downfall for this perfume is that it does fade pretty quickly but is really nice for the day time and makes you feel very special when you use the stylish little bottle.
As it fades pretty quickly my favourite 'luxury bathing' company get a 7/10 for their perfume as it fades so fast but it is lovely while it lasts and smells divine.

Listening?
It's festival season again, and as I am never ever organised enough to buy festival tickets I have really enjoyed listening to the highlights of the festival on BBC3. The Scissor Sisters were amazingly brilliant and had a surprise performance from Kylie Minogue and previewed some of their tracks from their new album, I also enjoyed watching the headline act Muse who were ever so dramatic, Mumford and Sons had an amazing gig too which I wish I had seen in person, Bombay Bicycle Club were also brilliant. listening to all these amazing singers makes me wish I had got myself a little ticket, but as I wasn't there I can't dare insult the festival by grading it. Just wish I had been there!!

Eating?
Last week I partook of some Sunday dinner at the one and only Nandos. As my fella had won a little raffle ticket for a free bottle of wine we decided to use that to our advantage. We had a really smooth Hummus, he had half a chicken, and I had a lovely chicken burger, and then we both had sides of coleslaw and chips. The thing that is brilliant about Nandos is that it is just easy to eat food, that's quick and tasty and you can pick whatever spice you want, (I'm a medium chick myself). As it was a Sunday we had to have dessert and the chocolate cheesecake was so nice my mouth is watering now as we speak!
I love Nandos' no frills, non deep fried chicken and you can't beat it when you're starving and cannot be bothered to cook. a sizzling 8/10!

Using?
I love using Urban Decay Shadow Palettes, the shadows are really smooth, have a beautiful sheen, are really easy to blend and very long lasting and have really cool and interesting names. They are perfect for day and night looks and look really stylish on your dresser. I own two palettes the first is the Deluxe Shadow Box which came with a free Eye Primer Potion which helps the shadows last longer. The shadows in the Deluxe box are; Fishnet (light purple) , Honey (gold), Ransom (dark purple), Graffiti (green), Zero (black), Peace (turquoise), Shag (bronze), Scratch (champagne) , Underground (fawn) and is priced at around £20.00-£25.00 but is so worth it. The second palette I use is the Eyeshadow Ammo Shadow Box, I use this palette more than the other as the colours are slightly less fluorescent and are really shimmery and full of sparkle. The shadows in this box are Smog, Maui Wowie, Mildew, Shattered, Oil Slick, Polyester Bride, Last Call, Grifter, Chopper, Sin. I love this palette so much I've run out of some of the shadow colours already! I really recommend these shadow boxes for presents or just for buying's sake!
Urban Decay gets a shimmeringly perfect 9/10 (but when applying I recommend you blend two or three colours together rather than one straight bright colour unless you want to look a bit like a clown)

Purchasing?
This week I decided to get a lunch from Boots rather than get a packed lunch from home. The range is really good and are really good if you're cutting down on calories for the summer. they have a range called Shapers which do amazing low calorie fizzy drinks like home made lemonade, apple and blackcurrant, strawberry, apple and cherry. They do some really tasty wraps like Hoi Sin Duck, Chicken Caesar and also have some delicious fruit boxes which are really summery. This is a great way to fill up without over indulging, and are at a really cheap price which are perfect for students and working lunches!
Boots receives a 7/10 because I had to queue!

Doing?
On one of my fella's days off we went on a little tourist day trip to Rieveaulx Abbey in the Yorkshire Dales. It was a fifty minute drive through the beautiful Yorkshire Nature Reserve. It cost £4.00 to get in as we were both students, and it was free parking for up to three hours. We had a picnic on the site, and although there wasn't much of an abbey left the ruin was really interesting, and had lots of information about how the monks worked and chilled out, and basically treated others as slaves. The staff were really friendly, and it really was a beautiful day and Yorkshire really has a lot to offer for tourists and bored people alike!
Rieveaulx gets a 9/10 for a really brilliantly, chilled out and history packed day!

Overall it was a lovely and sunny week!
thanks for your time
Much Roadie Love XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment